If you are looking for an affordable dentist in, Eagle Lake Mountain or the surrounding areas, Welcome to Reese Dental; your finest Eagle Mountain Lake Dentistry!!
What is wisdom tooth extraction and why is it important?
Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Wisdom teeth are the upper and lower molars at the very back of the mouth. They are usually the last teeth to grow coming in during late adolescence and early adulthood (between 17 to 24 years) for most people.
Why do Wisdom Teeth need Extractions?
Although the human mouth can hold 32 teeth, in most cases, most people’s mouths can only comfortably accommodate 28 teeth. As an Eagle Mountain Lake Dentist, we can speak on this matter. In some cases, the wisdom teeth do not cause any problems when they erupt and therefore do not need extraction. However in the majority of cases, these teeth cause problems in the mouth and need removal. Below are some of the reasons why wisdom teeth get extractions.
- Since the wisdom teeth are the last to come in, they sometimes erupt and find that there isn’t enough space for them; they can only break through the gums partially causing a flap of gum tissue to grow over and ultimately trapping food which is bound to cause infections.
- They can also get stuck in the jaws and unable to fully erupt or erupt and come out crooked or crowed in the mouth; making them difficult to clean and prone to cavities and infections.
When to Visit a Dentist
Like many other dental issues, wisdom tooth problems can go largely unnoticed when they begin. Regular dental checks may however enable your dentist to spot wisdom tooth problems early on. Below are some of the symptoms you can look out for.
- Pain, irritation, or stiffness around the impacted tooth. This could point to an impacted tooth or irritation from a wisdom tooth that is struggling to break through the jaw but at an awkward angle.
- An inflammation or swelling around a breaking out wisdom tooth or a partly stuck tooth that has broken through the gum.
- Bad breath and tooth decay.
If you notice any of the above symptoms and need the services of an Eagle Mountain Lake Dentist to help you out with wisdom tooth issues, welcome to Reese Dental.
We perform wisdom tooth extractions besides a wide range of dental including; general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, family dentistry, pediatric dentistry and so much more. Please click on the “services tab” on our homepage to see all the dental services we offer here at our Eagle Mountain Lake Dentistry; Reese Dental offices.
Finally, if you are in need of a friendly affordable and reliable Eagle Mountain Lake Dentistry, look no further. Contact Reese Dental today at 817-500-5288 and we will be happy to attend to your dental needs. You can also contact us through our online contact form. You can expect to hear from us within 24 hours or even less.
Call us today to ask a question or to schedule your appointment.